Sunday, January 10, 2010

Do Everything

(Sorry for neglecting you, dear blog. I promise to update more often! Maybe.)

I am one of those kind of people who wants to do everything. Who actually thinks she can do everything. I hate being left out of things. I hate the idea that I might be missing out on something if I don't do X, got to Y, or check out Z. I'm often one of the first to speak up about something, volunteer for something, try something out. It is really hard for me to say no to things.

For the past three and a half years during my time at OSU, I have been doing too much. It's hard for me to even think that, let alone type it out. I was a full-time student, engaged/married, had a part-time job (or several), was at church at least three times a week, tried to keep house, spend time with family and friends... Yeah, see? TOO MUCH!

I knew it the whole time, but I also knew it was all stuff God had called me to, and he would provide me with the strength and ability to handle it all. And he did! I graduated December 12, 2009, a semester early, with a BA in English and a GPA of 3.93. My husband and I worked through and fought together against sin that threatened to destroy our marriage before it really even got to begin. I made some of the sweetest, dearest friends I could ever imagine, and look forward to being a part of their lives for a long time. I poured my heart into a group of jr. high girls, and saw God changing them and working in their lives. I was blessed to help lay the foundations for an awesome college service on Sunday nights. I managed to keep my house from looking like a total wreck occasionally, learned how to cook, and tried to stay healthy. I went above and beyond for my job and pretty much ran a university office while working at another one simultaneously!

I don't say all that to boast. I could not have accomplished one of those things without God, let alone all of them. He did all of that, and I was just obedient and faithful. And I was only able to be obedient and faithful because of him.

All along, I knew that it was too much, and it was only for that season of my life. I only got through it because I knew after December 12 my life could slow down to a reasonable speed. I would be able to slow down and have more time for God, Isaac, my family, and my passions like reading, creating, and children (well, not quite yet, hah!).

So now that I find myself in a new place, getting to start everything over from scratch, what's the first thing I do? Try to fill my life up with too much! Right now the possibilities of what I can do are literally endless, and I am really struggling with wanting to DO EVERYTHING! Craig's sermon this weekend about Margin really reminded me of how what my life looked like in college is not how I am meant to live forever. It was for that season, and now I need to embrace the Margin.

But it's hard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment