Friday, July 30, 2010

Catching Foxes

Wanna know about one of my favorite things my husband has ever done? A few months ago, he wrote a Bible verse in Sharpie on a piece of white paper and taped it to our bedroom door (facing into the room.) The verse is Song of Solomon 2:15. I've read that book several times, but I never noticed this verse before.

It says: "Catch all the foxes,
those little foxes,
before they ruin the vineyard of love,
for the grapevines are blossoming!"

I love it. I don't know if he has any clue, but I read it multiple times a day, and every time it renews my desire to catch those foxes. Foxes like annoyance, selfishness, greed, anger, insecurity, stubbornness, self-centeredness, self-pity, and lack of discipline. Daily there are little foxes trying to ruin our vineyard, and this verse is a wonderful reminder that daily we need to catch those foxes. They are not allowed to ruin our vineyard.

Especially since the grapevines are preparing to blossom. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment