I blog a lot about myself. I think that is understandable. It is, after all, kind of the point of a personal journal-type blog, isn't it?
Well, today I don't want to blog about me. I want to blog about you.
You are a treasure. You are a masterpiece created by the Creator. The King of the universe looks at you and thinks you are beautiful, amazing. Worthy. HE thinks YOU are worthy. You are beautiful. You fill me with wonder and awe.
You are not who other people say you are. You are not the things you do. You are not the words you speak. You are not the thoughts you think. You are not a salary or a position or a grade. You are not the face you see when you look in the mirror. You are not clothes or jewelry or a car or a house. You are so much more than all these things. They are a part of you, but they do not define you.
You are a soul. You are potential. You are light. You are a branch connected to the Vine, the Source, Love, Light, Truth. You are a part of something much, much bigger than your own experience. You have power and meaning. You can change the world. YOU CAN! I wish I could look you straight in the eyes right now and tell you how much I truly believe this. With all my heart.
You are a child, a son or a daughter. You belong. You are capable of speaking life, of healing hurts, of revealing Glory. You play a part in the Story that no one else can play. You are a reflection of the most perfect, amazing Being in existence. You have your Daddy's eyes. (My husband said this to me once, and it may be the most beautiful and meaningful complement I have ever received.)
Your life is exciting. Did you know that? You are full of adventure and mystery. You are intricate and detailed. There is so much to you that I could never get tired of learning about you or being around you. You are unique. No one has ever been just like you, and no one ever will be. (Can you imagine a God who can create that many billions of unique people? It floors me.) But though you are unique, you are not alienated or isolated. You are not alone. Others can relate to you, can learn from you. You are inspiring.
But if I could tell you just one more thing about you it is this:
You are loved.
No matter what you have done. No matter what has been done to you. No matter how broken you feel. No matter how unworthy you think you are. YOU are LOVED.
By God. By me. By your family and your friends. By strangers you meet on the street.
YOU MATTER.
If you think for a moment that I am blogging about someone else, not you, then I want you to read this entire post again. Read it out loud. Pay attention to every single word. I mean them. Every single word. About YOU.
Great stuff Katie! Loved this today!
ReplyDelete